My baby was hyperactive tonight and refused to sleep when it was Way past his usual bedtime by two hours. I look after him by myself and was a little tired cause I woke up at 7am and it had been 15 hours and I did not have any rest. I asked my hubby for help and all he told me was he will just let him cry and I have spoilt the kid by picking him up every time he cry. I am very angry and told him that he is being unfair with his statement. Baby Is only 7 month old! What did I do wrong by trying my best to comfort him each time?!

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby since birth has not been sleeping from 9pm. She has been sleeping from 2am and 3am onwards until now (23 months old) , and with her severe eczema issues, she scratched herself (30mins every night) with all scars & rashes to sleep and during halfway in the middle of the night, she will always wake up twice like 4am and 6am to scratch again, so I am not having enough sleep daily too. And I have to wake up by 7am too coz need to prepare and send her to childcare. She herself also suffered so much without enough sleep. My baby is also extremely hyper-active until so many strangers & store promoters told me my girl too active, some even said if pay them $3000 or $5000 a month to work as a helper or caregiver, they also don’t want. Every night (already 12am) she still gets very excited to the point I called it ecstatically active, kept shouting & laughters (have so much fun) before I can coax her on bed where she started the scratching episodes later on. Prior to sleeping, she will keep talking, tossed and turned MANY times beside me then put my hands and arms around her to play with it, bite my forearms lightly to play as well. This takes about 30 mins too, plus her scratching part another 30 mins, adds up to 1 hour to coaxing her to fall asleep finally, can you imagine how tiring I am? After she fell asleep, only then I can start to do her schoolbag packing, by then it’s almost 3am plus. I had extremely difficult time to take care of my kid personally with no one to help, to the point I felt dishearted and sad so many times. But what to do when she’s my kid and I have to only depend everything and rely on myself to take care of her. My hubby has never once coax my baby to sleep since her birth until now already coming to 2-years old. Even when we were outside, he has never also once tried to use babycarrier to carry her or changed her soiled/dirty pooped diapers. I was always the only one doing it day in and out. Pls don’t feel despair, I truly feel you and let’s hope these hard times will be over really soon. Pray and move on!

Read more
4y ago

Whoever those people are, are so rude to make such a statement to you. You're so right. Your baby herself is suffering so much. Hang in there. There is no better gift than being a mother. You're doing so well. Hugs

my husband picks him up too. even at 2y8m, he cannot let him cry even 1min. side effects, child learns that I get what I want with my crying, and that doesn't help them with patience cos I don't have to wait. I get immediate attention etc. doesn't know what is "wait". when child is in school or childcare, it's going to be tough because he can't wait and he will have social skills issues with his peers. and the list goes on. so what I do is, each and every issue, I search for articles on it n send it to my husband. scare him. n he will then understand.

Read more

this thread! LOL, LO is now 29 months. We no longer attend to him or carry him immediately when he cry cause now he is not a baby already. our approach is to let him express his emotions and then ask him if he is ok and the reason of him crying. it normally won't last more than a minute before he starts playing happily or laugh at himself for crying. when he was infant and can't express what he wants or needs it is necessary to comfort him as quick as possible. now he can reason and express vocally, things gets easier!

Read more

y not let him play longer during day time...nite time im sure lo will sleep earlier or on time despite tiring due to play alots during day time. an other way do a routine time 4 sleeping hours ...never miss d time though lo dont feel sleepy....u hv to bring them inside n sleep with them ...mayb can sing lo songs or anythings dat can attract lo but remember put on dim light so nxt time lo knows it sleeping time whenever u bring lo in. need to do it routine. give a try all d best.

Read more

My husband also the same! I suppose the way men and women handle kids are just different. And its very hard to get them to think like us. Just continue comforting and giving your baby lotsa love! They need them :)

VIP Member

lol I think we are opposite, I always get scolded by my wife for comforting lo, can't help myself sometimes even though logically I agree with my wife that we shouldn't spoil the child.

VIP Member

Husbands are always like this! Don't get angry over it. They think differently from us

Read more

Men and Women are made the opposite. We just operate differently. Stay strong mama.

my husband opposite. he picks up the child cos he can't stand the crrries...

Don't get angry, chill out dear. Men...-sigh