Toddler fell off the bed

My 27 month old LO fell off our bed while he was sleeping. I went out to the toilet and it hasn’t even been 1min, the next thing I hear is him falling. My bed is a storage bed so it’s quite high about below my pelvis level (I’m 155cm). I don’t know how exactly he fell or which part of him hit the floor first but mainly I am concerned about him hitting his head. Cause by the time I ran to him, he was already sitting up. Cried for less than a min, picked him up and hugged him. Asked him where does it hurt and he touched his head. Then he went back to sleep. Woke him up to see if he could walk and luckily he was walking fine. I felt so bad for leaving him for that short period of time. I really did not expect this to happen and it’s haunting me. It hurts to see him fall. I feel so guilty I could die. I checked his head for any bumps but couldn’t feel any. I will try and check again in the morning once he is awake. Will definitely monitor him for the next 24 hours. I just don’t want anything bad to happen to him, else I’m gonna regret it for the rest of my life. I am getting paranoid. I don’t want him to get any internal injury or in pain 😭💔

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My firstborn fell off the bed twice before she hit 12 months. She even dislocated her arm once when she was about 7-8 months. One time she hit her head against the wall with a loud thud my husband could hear it from the kitchen. Accidents. Can’t avoid it. And I think it’s common for babies to fall off the bed. Just ensure that your baby is not extra sleepy, or vomiting, change in diet drastically. Other than that he should be fine. Don’t worry too much ok? 💙

Read more
2y ago

I can never forgive myself if anything bad were to happen to him. Mum guilt. But thank you so much dear 🥲❤️

Hi mummy, we’re only human, don’t blame yourself too much. We’re also still learning. Just go and check with doctor for your peace of mind.

2y ago

Thank you dear 😣