Just want rant

Hi mommies, what time do you all usually bath your child? If it was morning, my child is 20mths old. Just like today, he woke up at 9.30am, and I bathe him at 10am...is it not right? It goes like this after I bathe him, my MIL said to him, eh thought he had eaten his breakfast, then I said he just woke up not long ago. And what she replied was he just woke up and you bathe him so early, want him to get sick again is it? Is it wrong to bathe him after he woke up? #advice #help #irraitatingMIL

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Bath time routines can vary from family to family, and there's no one-size-fits-all answer. It sounds like you're doing what works best for you and your little one. Bathing your child after they wake up is absolutely fine, especially if it's part of your morning routine. At 20 months old, your child's immune system is getting stronger, and a morning bath can be a refreshing start to the day. As long as your child is comfortable and happy, there's no need to worry about them getting sick from bathing after waking up. It's understandable that you might feel frustrated by your MIL's comments, but ultimately, trust your instincts as a parent. You know your child best. If bathing in the morning works for you and your little one, then go for it! If you ever need support or advice, we're here for you. Keep doing what's best for your family, and don't let anyone else's opinions shake your confidence. You're doing great! 🌟 Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

What time your child sleep may i ask? :) for me, my baby around 8 months old, he bath when he's dirty such as after a meal, etc.... i think as long you keep it short and quick and dry your child thoroughly, shouldn't be a problem. I think your MIL afraid your child might get sick again thats why she say these kind of thing. When little one get sick, the one taking care of little one eventually fall sick also. One ear in one ear out bah, she say becos out of concern, i think most old people are like that, take it to heart only you suffer, dont take it to heart you be happier. 😅 Also, everybody is different, observe see whether your child can tahan the morning shower? Stay happy mummy :)

Read more
3w ago

slept between 9-10, but if he at home whole day didn't go out, i will just do a wipe down after dinner before he go to bed

No such thing as the right or wrong time! If your kid is thriving whatever time is okay! For me, for both my 7 mth old baby and 3 yr old toddler, if they aren't gg to childcare, I'll let them be in their pajamas till aft they eat breakfast so it depends what time they'll wake up. Sometimes when my boy stays over at my mom's on weekends, she likes to bathe him as soon as he wakes up at 8am. Luckily for us, the elderly in our family aren't so traditional so they just follow what we are comfortable with and I have no strict routine for my kids unless it's a sch day so they gotta get ready before 8am.

Read more

no hard and fast rule on when to bathe your child i guess. depends on preference. for me, I bathed her after she finished her meals at around 11am and 5pm.. sometimes when she back from outside, I will still bathe at around 8pm/9pm cause I find it's dirty not bathing her after coming back from outside haha. my mum nagged at me in case my 18 month old catch a cold.. but I still continued doing it. just make sure she's dried thoroughly and keep the shower short will do

Read more

No specific or wrong timings. Every household has different schedules. Mine bathes anytime from noon to late night, usual bath time is 9-11pm (she haven’t go to school yet). Sometimes when we reach home late she showers at 2am as well, all is well (she’s 28m). Maybe try to let your mil understand that babies are not that weak and it’s not that you put lo under strong fan right after showering.

Read more

Ya true, no hard and fast rule. When my bubs was 20 months and in Playgroup, he would wake up at 8 am and shower after his milk before going off for school. In the evening, I would shower him at around 8/8.30pm before settling in for the night. You do you mama!

I wouldn’t bath my child shortly after a sleep or nap as our body temperatures are different. The quick change may cause sickness. But that’s up to you to believe.

No rules but usually I bath my children at anywhere from 4-7pm, preferably before dusk but inevitable when they go sch.

nothing wrong lol...ask your MIL what the scientific evidence is 😁

TapFluencer

🙏💕