confinement period

anyone did confinement alone? First 2 weeks got husband (PL), after that will be all alone... First child btw.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

im a ftm going through confinement alone! forget about cooking, forget about laundry and all other houseworks 😅🤷🏻‍♀️ the baby will demand all your attention and you need all the sleep u can get while baby sleeps. settled our meals by ordering confinement meal/tingkat meal packages. hubs helped out with laundry before going to work. all other chores are really otot (own time own target). so u might want to avoid visitors coming to your house during confinement 😅 i struggled abit with my post natal massage cos not easy to get someone to help u watch baby while u do the massage. thank goodness my massage lady was very understanding and was willing to stop in between a few times so that i can tend to baby and she will help tend to baby too. not easy but our baby needs us! we have to pull through it ultimately! and husband's support or help after he comes home from work will be super helpful! but yea, if you could afford confinement nanny, why not? 🙂 good luck! 💪🏻😊

Read more
VIP Member

Me!! I'm alone after end of 2nd week onwards for my 2nd baby. My husband did meet clients in between. Some more, I need to bring my elder son to childcare every morning and pick him up in the evening ( we took bus daily) For super convenient, I made steamboat at home for my daily meals. I asked my husband to buy the ingredients to keep inside the fridge. Do the house work and make sure baby was well.. everything. It was tough but I could save a lot of money.

Read more
5y ago

This also can, very convenient just that it it not cheap and the food is just normal (to me).. Actually, I ordered confinement food for my 1st confinement. That's why I rather do my steamboat at home instead. Btw, my steamboat's soup become very super " 补" and super tasty after two days...😅😅😅😋😋😋😋😋😋

I think first baby better to have someone to guide n take care of you? I was very very shagged after delivery that 2 weeks on I was still not quite myself with the lack of slp n steep learning curve of motherhood n all. It’s definitely better to have help!!

5y ago

Maybe I weak or what, but I wasn’t myself for the whole month 😂 couldn’t think or concentrate cos always So tired!!

Super Mum

Hi! For first time mum, I think it's not advisable. You don't know how well you will recover and how well you can cope with baby. Best to get a confinement nanny! :)

Super Mum

Think u shld at least get confinement tingkat meals.. so u have 1 less thing to worry.. 1st mth is really tough slping, pumping, eating, feeding..

Super Mum

Since first time maybe it's good for you to get confinement nanny. Once you have experienced it, maybe you can opt out for yr second one

Would be good to have someone helping you. Cos you may not be able to squat or sit down properly to bathe baby

VIP Member

I have my parent to help after my hubby had to went back to work. For food wise, I ordered confinement food.

VIP Member

Hi... I would suggest that you engage a confinement nanny to help out. It will be very tiring for both of you

VIP Member

I don’t think is advisable. U will need to clean bottles and all. Plus pumping and bathing your LO.

5y ago

I find myself very tired even when I have CL. I think u will go crazy by 3rd day without help....