Confinement Nanny?

Dear mums, Do we really need to engage a confinement nanny? (Budget consrtain) Will be taking postnatal course of taking care baby and get confinement catering food. Anyone here experience of take care of your baby alone without CN after give birth? Share with me...thanks mums 🙏🙏 #firstbaby #confinement

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Did not hire nanny due to the ridiculous costs n I rather not have my baby handled by anyone else. 1st child we were staying at my mum's place but she works so 99% of the time we're home alone, I took care of baby alone with husband, bathe, feed, change everything was done by myself. My mum barely knows anything about baby care as I was raised by grandparents. Had my 2nd child when we moved out into rental place, still doing it without nanny, elder one was 20mo when my 2nd was born. Tbh I feel it's very very manageable. I didn't do confinement for either time too, just kinda did whatever I wanted 😅

Read more

Hi mummy, just to share my experience. I didn’t engage a CN (so expensive!!). My husband and mum helped out during my confinement. I ordered confinement food (which my hubs eat too cos the portion is big enough for us). I would say for the first 2 weeks it’ll be quite tiring for you to take care as your body needs time to heal. You’ll be experiencing quite a bit of pain..and the baby will be waking up every 2-3h for milk. Sometimes 1h… So need to be both physically and mentally prepared! All the best! 😊

Read more
2y ago

All the best! 😊

I also having tight budget and don’t have spare room. Don’t expect ask my hubby and older kids sleep at the hall. I order confinement meal. I take care the baby myself and my older kids too. All by myself. Lucky was my hubby can get 2 week leave given by gov. How I wish gov can increase to 4 week will be more better. As not working mom unable share maternity leave and so wasted too.

Read more
VIP Member

if there's a budget constraint then you may diy, but will be helpful if hub and another family member can help, so that at least daytime you get more rest. then just order confinement food. i had CN for 28 days as i had no family support and hub went back work after paternity leave. the CN also allowed him to slp well for 1st 28 days as he didnt have to wake up for night feed either.

Read more

hi there!! there is really no need for a confinement nanny. since you're getting confinement catering food, it is really good enough. baby will be easy to handle at this stage. alotof sleeping, changing of diapers but it's manageable. i got post natal massage for 7 days and the massager helpedme bathe the baby. it's in the package. 🤗

Read more

I also nv employ confinement nanny, but this round I ordered confinement food but if can get husband or family support will be the best.. first one my mother help me do second half of my confinement while husband do first half. second one will be husband with confinement food. strong.. you can do it

Read more
2y ago

hi April thanks for the advise 🙏

We did not get a CN. Hb mostly took care during the first mth. The nxt couple of months until jan this yr, i took care myself. Only ordered meals for first mth too.

I am a ftm. But I am not intending to get confinement nanny. I wanna look after on my own and will probably get my parents to cook for me

2y ago

I didnt. But I was heavily involved when my 2 elder sisters got pregnant. They were both staying with me back then. I learnt how to shower my newborn niece and nephew, feed them, clean them.

no not really. i had confinement nanny for 7 days and fired her, did the rest of confinement ourselves! next child we will not get any

I get confinement meal and take care baby myself. Because confinement nanny need a room and I don’t have spare room for her

2y ago

I ordered confinement meal and my mum help me bath the bb. Did the rest myself, bb fully on bm