Morning sickness(Vomiting)

Any advice for morning sickness(Vomiting) ??? Still 6 weeks 4 days.

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had severe ms from week 6 to 11 (~20-30x of retching and vomiting a day). What I did: 1. Get nausea pills that is safe for pregnancy from GP cause waiting for gynae is too long. Just eat them as prescribed. 2. Eat small frequent meals. I make sure I'm only 30-40% full each time and force myself to stop to avoid over eating. 3. I ate bland food So if vomit it feels not as disgusting: oats with honey, 12 grains drink, dry crackers and fruits. 4. Suck on salty sweets or crackers when you feel nausea. 5. Sip water. I sip only 4 mouth of water each time with an hour interval. 6. Sleep and nap more because all awake moment is a torture. 7. Wear mask and carry vomiting bag if you need to go out. I was so sick to a point that I don't care about how others look at me anymore. 8. Sip on real ginger ale (cold) or ginger tea (warm). That's how I got through those horrible days. All tips only relieve the symptoms but it will never go away until baby says is enough. I hope you'll feel better soon.

Read more
4y ago

Same as you but Im still in these horrible days. From half of week 7th till now almost 13th. Not taking pills, try to bear with it. Scared of this day & night sickness 😭

Try to see what makes you vomit and avoid it. For me, it's going into public toilets (even though dry and clean...lol), or eating too many portion or food that I don't crave for... Or eating past 8 pm. So I avoid all these as much as possible. Sucking on ricola helps to curb a mild nausea too for me so I always keep some in my bag. Jy, it will get better after week 12-14 onwards. :)

Read more

Hi, came across this article and hope it may help! https://sg.theasianparent.com/pregnancy_relief Also helps to have some plain biscuits at your bed side when you feel like you're not very well.

I hv whole day sickness since week 4. M currently at week 7. Gynae prescribed pills and its slightly helping at certain time of the day

I got pills from gynae. Asked for stronger dose at each appointment. Morning sickness never left me even now at 15 weeks.

I took sports drink like gatorade/sportade coz i cnt drink plain water during 1st tri. Somehw helps a little.

Try sucking on sour plum to ease the nausea, if not, ca try getting anti-nausea pills from doctor.

VIP Member

Get pills from ur gynae. I only took them when i continuously vomited for 2 times.

Drink more water. It doesn't stop it, but you will feel better.

At 15 weeks still have morning sickness 😭