Taking care of newborn

Any of your husband is not supportive enough? And didn’t even help to feed or change baby diaper? And keep saying that he is the sole bread winner of the house and needed more rest... how do you all cope alone in the midnight to take care of baby? Or how do you all tell your partner?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Mine will only help if I ask otherwise will just lie on sofa play with phone 😅. Midnight feeds are 100% me. Babies already bond better with mummies and many will straight out reject the daddy when they're a bit older. So I tell him to try and be more involved if he wants the baby to love and respect him in the future. It helped a bit but he still needs to be constantly reminded.

Read more
5y ago

Wow! At least your will listen abit. Mine abit stubborn will always have his own point of view. Sometimes I am super tired to talk to him. How old is your bb now? 😅

VIP Member

Hubs did help out during the first couple of months but I guess that's good enough! Men are usually like that, you need to constantly remind them otherwise they won't budge (:

Hi, I would suggest talk straight to your husband about it and make him realise that his help and support also makes a lot of difference

5y ago

Tried but he has his own thinking ? 🤦🏼‍♀️

VIP Member

Hi... you might wanna share this article with your hubby https://sg.theasianparent.com/getting-dads-involved-in-parenting

5y ago

Thanks will share this article to him. (:

VIP Member

Husb helpin out for night feeds as i need to pump. If not only left 1hr to slp bef nxt feed cycle kicks in..

5y ago

On n off show abit lack of slp attitude. But he wont mentioned

My hubby

5y ago

Did you asked him to help out?