Taking care of LO alone

Any mummies here taking care of LO alone with no help from family? My husband is in oversea and my confinement nanny is going back soon. My biggest concern is that my LO was bottlefeed since birth. Although I had tried latching him but was not successful hence I had been exclusively pumping. I do not know how I can manage the time when I had to feed the baby + pump + do all the housework without skipping on my rest time. Please advise ?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Me!! Hubby is working long hours to provide for our small family of 3.. so I'm mostly alone at home throughout the day.. I feel a baby carrier really helps + baby swing/rocker.. I prepare my own meals after nanny left.. it's been a really tough 1 month, my baby is now 2 months old.... Baby direct latches so 1 thing less to do.. but I did engage a part time cleaner. She came once a week during baby's second month.. so that really helped a lot too..

Read more
TapFluencer

Take out all the barangs, baby carrier, stroller.. find simple meal to cook during lunch time. like steam chicken or steam fish with chicken essence. U can eat while u pump at the same time. use your leg or whatever. Put the baby on stroller while u eat. If 1-2 days still cannot cope, order tingkat first till u get the hang of it.

Read more

Baby eat alr Pump Wash ur bottles/ do ur chores (whatever u need to do) Prepare the milk first (if got warmer put inside warmer) then continue the cycle U will have time to rest awhile when ur chores are mostly done 🙂 goodluck

Read more

i took care of my lo myself esp during confinement, i didnt get nanny. i also mix feed - bm and fm and pump every 3hrly. it's tiring at first but i took naps whenever my lo naps, alternate naps so i can get things done as well.

Use the stroller at home! That way u can bring ur baby anywhere ard the hse where u need to do ur chores. No backache and baby sees u all the time

VIP Member

Plan your time wisely. Pump and do housework when baby is sleeping.

VIP Member

Suggest you get some temp help from your family members.

Hi, I understand you have a lot of work by yourself to do. But I think if you plan your day wisely , schedule things then you should be able to manage :)

Me... Hubby always travel almost every week,due to the nature of his job. Parents not living in Singapore, In-laws still running own business... My LO was direct latch all the way. Initially was tough especially LO keep changing especially sleeping/napping pattern... fuss if I didn’t manage to catch her cues... no time to have a proper meal or drink... forget about nap... just close eyes and have a rest while LO nap coz first 4 months LO nap very little, sometimes cat nap especially when she went through sleep regression at 4 months.. 😅 Order food delivery if no time to cook for yourself. Only do some housework at night after baby sleep, the rest wait till hubby comes back to give you a hand. When LO was around 5-6 months, everything seems to get better, with trial and errors, and 24/7 with LO, get to understand LO better to be able to catch her cues and time be it nap, sleep or latch/feed before she fuss or cry .. but busy in a new way... starts to prepare/plan semi solid food for LO when she was 6 months...follow by different type of changes/business come on as she grow 😅 but you will have more time to have a proper meal and drink by this time. Eat together with LO :) Having said that as LO grow older, she will have routine nap, sleep and eating time, so much easier to cope. This is when LO nap, then have the opportunity to nap together. Housework like mopping the floor and wiping her mat and toys will be at night after LO has slept. Laundry in the morning or noon, when LO was playing or when she was napping. Now LO is coming to 2 and I am still her main care giver. It can be tiring but I am very happy to be able to watch her grow, achieve her milestones and have very close bond with me.

Read more

Yes i was taking care of LO alone up till 10mo. After that he went to ifc. Pump when he's sleeping and quickly get some rest. Housework no need to prioritise. If need to cook for yourself, do so early morning before baby wakes up. Some cleaning can do at night after baby slp and quickly go to bed after that. Ppl usually say do work when baby sleeping but i say not in the day cos will feel sian if just finish work and baby wake up. And yes, my lo was bottle fed too

Read more