How much time do u spend with your kids daily?

For working parents only. How much time do u spend with ur kids daily?

42 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am very guilty of this, especially for these two weeks. My kids only get my full attention during dinner time. Other than that, I had been facing my laptop most of the time after dinner. My kids are 8yo and 4yo. Both my husband and I are very career minded. We have a decent combined income for the household but we aspire to climb the corporate ladder. We have no help from others with our kids but we do try to fetch both of them together (as in both hubby and I) and I will cook for the family. However once I'm done with the chores and coaching my elder one on his School work, I'll be waking up my laptop again. So I do feel guilty that I don't spend enough time with them. I know people always said your kids grew up once only but I also feel that my work opportunities may only knock on my door once and with that kind of mindset, I won't let go for sure. I think I am confident that I am a good performer at work and my boss thinks highly of me but I have second thoughts whether I'm a good mother though.

Read more

I spend about two hours a day during weekdays and about 8-10 hours every Saturday and every Sunday. I travel about 5-6 days a month. So I don't see her at all when I travel. I also co sleep with her once a week. So that day I will spend like 15-16 straight hours with her. (frankly hate cosleepinv as she kicks me off the bed and also means I can't actually fall asleep, but I give my helper overnight off so no choice).

Read more

Every morning before he heads for school Every evening when get back home Dinners together most of the week Pillow talking, bedtime stories, songs and just cuddling before saying goodnight and talking about happenings in the day and he also talks about what happen in school, what happen on the tv or cartoon series, even learning how to play Roblox and Minecraft on iPads with him

Read more
VIP Member

3-4 hours after childcare on weekdays, and practically the whole day on weekends! I sometimes also let my son stay at home on weekdays if there are activities I want to bring him to, or well, when he's sick of course. Then again, I'm a work-from-home mum so my schedule is more flexible than most working parents :)

Read more
VIP Member

Around 2 hours on weekdays as our bedtime routine must start at around 8:30pm. We spend the whole weekend with her, go out or just play at home.

Sad to say only 1-2 hours during weekdays And if I need to work, I won’t be able to spend time with her But full day with her during weekends

I ensure that I will always sit down with my son to ask him how is he doing for the day, do homework with him and read bedtime stories for him.

I spend dinner and post sleeping time with my baby :) Just trying to understand how his day has been and making some funny conversations :)

VIP Member

I spend 1-2 hours with my children daily. We have dinner together and spend some time chatting or watching tv.

Around 1-2 hours on weekdays and full day on weekends. I help to shower and coax him to sleep in e evenings.