How do you care for your baby on your own?

Hi working mummies! Due to space constraints, I’m seriously considering taking care of my baby on my own till I go back to work. Currently we are staying at my in laws and we have a part time helper who does housework. I’m not expecting my in laws to help with taking care of baby. MIL & SIL work and FIL is not so mobile. May I check with mummies who managed to take care of your baby wo any confinement lady or helper for tips? I’m 3 months to my EDD now. Feeling the anxiety kicking in cos I’m really unsure how I can manage as a FTM. :( I’m wondering if I can just try my best to cope and when I go back to work, i can get a day care nanny to take care of my baby. Cos of the space constraints, I doubt a helper would be an option.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The first 2 weeks i received help mainly from my husband. All i did was to feed my lo milk. He’ll then take over from there so that i have sufficient rest to recover. Before he resume work, i learnt from him how to change diaper, burp the baby etc. From then its a mother instinct. We youtube whatever we dont know and learn from there. Be prepared and read up in advance so that you know what to expect. Never panic!

Read more