My wife always compares my parenting with her sister's husband's parenting and thinks he is a much better father than me. I find this comparison annoying and heartbreaking. How do I make her understand this?

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have an open conversation with her to find out why she thinks this. It may be something you can learn from. Alternatively it may be unfair so if this is the case, tell her how you feel. Good luck!

I would have a friendly yet firm chat with her and explain how this makes you feel and see why she does this. Perhaps she is genuinely trying to help. Talking is usually the best course of action :)

A baby learn the compare word very earlier of her age. But the meaning understand after married. So as a wife it's a common issue. So don't be angry. Take it easy. Better to use earphone. :)

VIP Member

Perhaps you can have heart to heart talk with your wife regarding this? So let her know exactly how you feel. Don't brush it off as it may escalate to something unpleasant . Good luck!

TapFluencer

You need to have an honest and open discussion with your wife and tell her how you feel. You need to define boundaries on how each one should love, trust abc respect the other

people are unique in every ways. masasaktan din ako pg sa akin nangyari yan. just be a good father in your unique ways nlng sir. someday,ma appreciate ka din

Read more
VIP Member

Talk to her nicely. For me, it always pays to be straightforward. Tell her how you feel and that no 2 parenting styles are exactly alike.

No comparison please, it is also not good for your child, hope you have a successful heart to heart talk with your wife, all the best!

tell her what about you feel.. and ask him why?.. i also have the same situation with you..

comparisons to anything in general are simply annoying.