When are you all planning to pierce your little girls ears? where to do it?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It's up to your own comfort level, some get their ears pierced a few months after birth for religious reasons while others get them pierced before a year old so they won't remember the pain very much - there's also the option of just not doing any piercing at all :) I didn't get any piercing when I was young, and I'm thankful for it because we found out much later that my skin is actually sensitive and my ear might have gotten badly infected if I did - I also didn't want any piercings at all so I'm glad I don't have any that my parents did on me. What I would suggest is to get a professional to do it and skip the cheap stores, especially if your child fidgets a lot or tends to have sensitive skin!

Read more

Most of my family and friends with baby girls pierce their daughters ears pretty early -- a month or two after birth. I reckon this is quite common in Malay communities; my ears were pierced when I was less than 2 months old and it was done the old school way -- by an elderly midwife type using a sterilised needle and some string. That being said, I don't think I'd pierce my little girl's ears THAT early. I'd wait till she's old enough to understand what's happening atleast, maybe 4 or 5? You can try any B*Dazzled outlets for safe and professional ear piercing services for both adults and children.

Read more
5y ago

My girl pierced her ear when she is abt 7-8yrs old. I recommend CherisHeart.Ear Piercing. She is certified USA Inverness & Studex Professional Ear Piercing Specislist. She will come to yr hse to do the ear piercing. Check out her on Facebook.

I had mine pierced when I was in primary school. My mother took me to a regular jewelry shop (those that sells lots of gold). I was old enough to keep whining to have mine pierce. Though was scared of the pain, my mother assured me that it will be like an ant bite. Since I was the one begging for it to be done, had to "man up" and face the pain. Wasn't too bad I think.. haha.. I think you can consider having your girl's ears pierced when she's younger if you are worried about the pain.

Read more

My mother took me to pierce my ears when I was in Sec Sch. My 5 yrs old has been pestering me for it but I think we will only do it when she is 6 yrs old.

VIP Member

I will do when they are less then a year old. And do it at those goldsmith shops

My friend did her daughter's ear when she was less then a year old.

VIP Member

Stellar @bugis junction