What's the worst advice or myth you've ever heard about breastfeeding?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

"Breastmilk can't make baby to feel full because it is not thick enough as compared to formula milk." This is not true. Baby will unlatch or stop drinking once he/she feels full. A breastfed baby will never be overfed but a formula fed baby will. It is a norm that formula fed baby tends to be bigger in size. Also, formula milk's major ingredient is corn syrup which is very sweet and will cause obsesity.

Read more

"Breastmilk is not good for baby coz they r not as chubby as formula fed babies" Commonly from the old folks coz most of them do not have education and information on the benefits of breastmilk. They believe chubby=healthy only, It takes time for them to realise the real importance and benefits of breastmilk. They just simply like chubby babies.

Read more

one of the myths I've heard: Small breasts don’t produce as much milk as big breasts In truth, size doesn't matter as the size of the breasts is determined by the amount of fat tissue in the breasts a woman has. Milk supply, on the other hand, is related to the glandular tissue that expands during pregnancy.

Read more

"Don't breastfeed if you are sick" Continuing to breastfeed while you have a cold or the flu actually helps protect your baby from illness. The antibodies produced by your body when you are sick will be transferred to your baby every time you nurse him or her.

"If you don't breastfeed, you're a bad mother." I think it's not fair for mothers who want to breastfeed but can't, or they have to stop after a short while. Even if they choose not to breastfeed, no one should judge them I feel

thanks

VIP Member

"Don't breastfeed if you are having e flu or cough"

That the baby (2mo) is angry at the breast!

To put a baby bottle teat on the nipple