What was the first solid food that you introduce to your LO & how did you make it?

56 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The first food i let my girl try was apple! Just remove the skin then steam and blend it. Very easy to prepare! You can consider getting a baby food maker like beaba babycook. Very easy to use. Can steam, blend, reheat and defrost, all in 1 appliance. Lesser things to wash also. And i like it is that once it’s done steaming the food, it will auto off also. So we don’t need to keep monitoring. https://welovesupermom.com/products/be113tbabojxbfsgamz-134341847-beaba-babycook-solo-3-colours-available

Read more
Post reply image

The first solid I give my baby was rice cereal and avocados. The rice cereal was very easy to make because I bought the instant organic rice cereal from Bellamy and just add milk to it. Avocados is a great superfood to give baby too. You can just mash it up and add some milk to make it more runny. For me i prefer to steam slices of be avocado before mashing them up.

Read more

Carrot is the first food which I intro to my LO. I started off with BLW (Coz I started 1 wk b4 my little one turn 6mth n for a start for BLW there will be no solid intake. Just let them play) When he turned 6 mth old I combined BLW n puree. I will let him play with the food via BLW n after that give him in the form of puree.

Read more

I intro my baby with pumpkins puree. I will steam the pumpkins till soft and smash it to puree form. Sometimes I will also make potato with carrot puree for him. Will boil both the potato and carrot to make soup then smash them to make puree for my baby.

Potato, carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, beet, pears, apple, broccoli.. Steam it and make it into puree then mixed with Formula milk if she doesnt like the taste.

VIP Member

Rice cereal, carrot (for one day only coz she developed rashes), sweet potato, banana and pumpkin. All steamed then mashed and mixed with BM.

4y ago

Dod you still boil it? Or just steamed?

VIP Member

You can start by half griniding rice and make it like a chunky rice porridge. You can start off with even a soft banana or cereals

My mum fed my LO rice cereal for lunch and I did BLW for dinners. Started off with steamed carrots, apples and pumpkins.

Rice, potatoes, banana, carrot, broccoli and avocado. I would steam and then smash it very finely

VIP Member

I mashed 1/4 of the whole banana to my LO and fed bit by bit. Fortunately she loves it.:)