HELP

What should i do when my 6 month old fell off the bed

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should bring your baby to the doctor asap. But until you get to the doctor, and just after the fall, first apply an ice pack (never place ice directly on the skin, wrap it in a cloth first), and watch for symptoms of concussion like vomiting. If there's bleeding, apply pressure using a clean cloth or gauze pad, to stop it.

Read more
VIP Member

if there is no obvious bruise, monitor for the next 24 hours to see if there is any vomiting, whether baby is listless, inactive or not eating well. if none of the above happens, your baby should be fine. time to invest in good bed guard or good foam float mat to prevent similar from happening again!

Read more
VIP Member

Monitor if baby have fever, vomiting non-stop, not active, don’t want to eat, as long you feel baby is not like what they use to be, crying non-stop, go for a check, make sure bone etc not crack. My girl vomit non-stop, she had a x ray to cfm.

Check and monitor if there's anything out of the ordinary with your little one, especially if there are cuts / bruises on their heads. Are their actions different from usual? Just to be on the safe side, visit the A&E.

VIP Member

Check for any visible physical injury and observed the baby. If baby’s behavior as per normal, ie feeding well, responsive and poo poo normally, it’s alright. Any thing out of the ordinary, please bring LO to doctor

VIP Member

Is anything happened ? Use foam carpets around the bed on floor .. if fell down also nothing much happen.. but safety is first use pillows or bed rails ..

agree with most mums here - check and monitor. see a doctor if you notice changes in behaviour - eating, sleeping, crying, etc. hope all is well!

VIP Member

check if there's any vomiting, any cuts, is baby still alert or appear drowsy. if so, go to A&E immediately. otherwise, just monitor for a day.

Monitor to see if the baby behave the same after the fall...Mother instincts, if u feel there is a need to see doctor please go

VIP Member

checked for signs like vomitting and dilation of pupil. other than that, tiredness. hope ur LO will be fine!