Hi, what would you do if your K1 kid refuse to go to school? Everyday, she'll mention that she doesn't want go to school and doesn't like Teacher N. To me, the teacher is quite impatient and negative. And apprently, some of her other classmates' parents also said the kids don't like her. I've spoken to the teacher but things doesn't seem to change. Will speaking to the principal help before we consider changing school? But that would effect the teacher's treatment towards my kids right?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Talk with your child. Talk about what's bothering her, while at the same time making it clear that a plan will be made to return to school. Keep in mind that some children can't describe what is bothering them. Don't force conversation if it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. The most important message to convey is this: you believe your child can conquer this problem, and you'll be there to help her through it. Don’t lecture. Avoid lengthy discussions and debates about the importance of going to school. Lecturing won't do any good, and it may actually make matters worse. Any attention, even negative attention, can reinforce and maintain a problem. Talk to the teacher and principal about it and get their help and opinion to make school life more comfortable for your child. Most importantly, you are still the main person to decide what’s best for your child and if this is the right school & environment for your child to be in. :)

Read more

I do agree with other parents' reply, please do gather a few parents and feedback to the principal. As for your child, be more encouraging. My boy (N2) don't like his teacher (she is also impatient an fierce towards the children) and don't like to go to school too, my husband kept telling him he have to go school to learn to be a smart boy, by being smart, everyone will like and love you. The nagging does help in our case.

Read more
VIP Member

Please speak to the principal about this! I don't think it's mentally healthy for the children if there's so many negativity towards that teacher :/ If the principal does not take any action/try to resolve the issue, then it may be time to change schools because that'll mean that the principal doesn't care enough to do anything for the students.

Read more

To write an essay, you must first determine its purpose. Then, identify its audience. This will help https://www.college-paper.org/write-my-essay.html you to decide the style and formality of the essay. In addition, the audience will determine the tone of your essay. In a formal essay, emojis are not acceptable.

Read more
VIP Member

You need to speak to the principal. If it's happening to most of the kids in class, it means that it's quite serious. get a few more parents and feedback together. usually if it's only one parent feedback, they won't 'bother' much

Read more

I would definetly speak to the principal, otherwise I'll spam the school. it is very important not only for your child but other kids too. there must a reason.

dont force it too much. .sch shud b fun....let him adapt d situation first n den slowly talk n convince him....

please take action and speak to the principal. keep us posted.

VIP Member

speak to tbe principal. Something must be done.

VIP Member

speak to e principle abt it