Abrilar Cough Syrup Thoughts

Breastfeeding mums, what's your take on Abrilar Cough Syrup?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do you already have a bottle of cough syrup which you are intending to take? Or are you intending to buy a cough syrup? There are some that are compatible with breastfeeding. For dry cough (no phlegm), there is dextromethorphan that can be bought from a pharmacist at Guardian/Watsons/Unity. If it is a phlegmy cough, can take guaifenesin. If you have a bottle of cough syrup on hand, can check the drug names in LactMed phone app/ website to check if it is ok to take when breastfeeding. Alternatively take manuka honey 4-5x a day and it works wonder.

Read more

This recipe is from chef benny Teo. Boiled "coke" with lemon . The cold & fizzy are gone ... a stream of warmth going down a sore throat in this "hazy" weather . Ingredients * 1 Can of Coke * 1/2 a Lemon Method 1 - Traditional 1. Slice your lemon into thin slivers. 2. Pour your coke into a saucepan, add your lemon. 3. Simmer your coke mixture over medium heat for about ten minutes. 4. Pour the hot coke into a mug, you can strain off the lemon if you want, but I like to leave them

Read more
Post reply image

prospan for my family. it is natural that's why I like it. also if cough is mild, best not to take any medications. drink plenty of water and rest. that's the best option. cough medicines does not help to cure the cough. this was told to me by a GP.

You can take this. It's prescribed for kids who are down with cough too. It's weird to say this but it tastes yummy! Like honey! But don't expect this to be as effective as the regular cough medicines given they aren't as strong in potency.

Post reply image
8y ago

I guess it's because of the minty feel. I was given this by GP too when i am Down with cough. Breastfeeding mum too!

VIP Member

I second to prospan. I'm not sure about others. there is once i ever went, a gp actually told me. no cough mixture is safe for breastfeeding.

VIP Member

Robitussin is considered safe for breastfeeding mothers, according to Kellymom.com (http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/meds/cold-remedy/)

Prescribe by Pharmacist as cough syrup for breastfeeding mums

Post reply image

Abrilar. it's available at the GP

8y ago

Abrilar is the same as Prospan that is available over the counter.

Better don’t take ang