what is the best thing you ever give a child ?

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A happy and loving home :) We recently read that in order to provide this, it's important to be good husband and wife. For example, when I was having difficulties with breastfeeding, my husband told me "I don't like you like this" because he could see I was suffering. So even though I was giving what I deemed to be best for my baby, my husband pointed out that our fighting about it and my misery whenever I fed her were not what's best for her. I saw the truth in that and eventually we came to a compromise for me to give breastfeeding one more shot (THANKFULLY it worked out cause I looooooove breastfeeding my child!) So yeah, the best thing to give my child is a happy mom and dad who love her so much :)

Read more

I would say LOVE but don't overdo it. Parents are getting ridiculously protective of their children these days and complaining about anything everything under the sun that doesn't go their child's way. Worse of all, they dun realise that they will be subjected to their child's bad behaviour once they grow up. Seeing this Everyday for the past 10 years and less than half of the parents know that they need to use the rod or be stricter with the child when they do wrong. Cannot always take their side.

Read more

Emotional and intangibles aside, the best thing I've ever given a child is a notebook and some pens. A week later, I found out that the book is filled with drawings and short stories. I'd like to think that I had something to do with the child's creative side shining through :)

I spend quality time with my 4 boys on weekends. Seeing them laugh and talk really makes me very happy. I believe in giving them good education, good home and lots of love. But most of all I love their mom and I will always protect and provide for my family.

Undividing attention probably. With the growing popularity of digitalized social interaction nowadays, it's difficult to stay focus and keep your attention to the things that matter most even to the point of neglecting our loved ones.

TIME! many parents do not have enough time to spare for children! with quality time, strong bonds and relationships will be built. this will support meaningful childhood as there will be beautiful memories created!

Encourage my child to dream big dreams. In turn, they will accomplish more than they thought possible… and probably even more than my thought possible. I also spend quality time and make them happy.

My time spent with the family and the love I have for the family. Kids are simple, they just need attentions, love, care and concern. Expensive toys would not make up for the love and time.

Attention. Esp from dad. My daughters will climb their father and cling to his hand/neck/legs until he pay 100% attention to them and play together.

I'd say education. Not just academic education, but the life lessons that you teach your kids are very important.