:(

Just went for my appt with the gynae. Was told that my cervix is still hard and i'm in my 39th weeks already. I feel abit dissapointed. Probably need to be induced next week. Any mommies out there has had similar experience? Mind sharing what you did?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t worry and sad k When baby is ready, your baby will come out and trust your Gynae will do his/her best for you and your baby :) I had similar situation too, no dilation, opening and still a bit hard even at 40w check up, after much discussions, decided to induce the night itself but after we have done with admissions at the hospital, signs of labor(bleeding)just came, so didn’t induce.

Read more

Don't be disappointed! I was in the same situation as you. No labour signs, no dilation and cervix was quite hard at 40 weeks. Ended up ny gynae suggested to induce due to my high bp and baby might get too big if we delay any longer. Grateful that the tmc staff and my gynae were there to aid me in natural birth. Jia you!!

Read more
Super Mum

I've read some studies that babies develop better and gain IQ points the longer they stay in your tummy, so you shouldn't be disappointed at all! The time will come eventually when baby is ready to come out. Don't rush it, stay calm and positive :) happy delivery!

Mine was induced at 40 weeks. My gynae didnt recommend wait too long coz he worried baby will get too big inside and difficult to give birth. It was very fast. Dont worry so much 👍🏻

VIP Member

Don’t worry. Do more squads and take more Long walks. I m induced week 40 day 2 and almost need to c sect. But in the end I still able to deliver baby normally. :)

Super Mum

Dun be disappointed, I had mine induced at 40 weeks & still not coming out. No amniotic fluid. Emergency c sec. My gal is healthy (3.45kg) 😍

VIP Member

I was induce at 40weeks. Don't have to disappointed. I guess what's important is baby is safe and healthy right??

VIP Member

Previously, I induced on 40weeks + 1day. Nothing to worry about. :)

Most important thing is baby is safe. So don’t be disappointed :)

Try bouncing on the exercise ball? Walking? Take the stairs.