induced labour kkh

hi im a ftm here, just wondering if any mummies can share their experience on getting induced labour at kkh? went for my 39th week appt last week and was told that if by the next appt on my 40th week i still show no signs of labour, they would proceed on to induce me. Still have no idea on how much i have dilated or have i yet to dilate because the last appt i went they told me to they would check below on the next appt only. just wondering if they schedule me for an induced labour, what are the procedures like? will i be admitted to the normal ward first or will they straight admit me to the delivery suite and start breaking waterbag from there?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was supposedly induced at 40 weeks 1 day but was rejected upon arriving at delivery suite due to priority cases given ahead. So I had to wait after lunch, but instead of delivery suite, I got normal bed to rest till after midnight then I go delivery suite (because it was available) However, my 39 weeks and 40 weeks check up, they did check my cervix and I am 3cm dilate. This is my second born and I am experiencing the same as first born. But both at different hospital. As far as I know they will induced then after obeservation, hours later than they will break waterbag. They will then check your cervix progress as well as contractions. Induced will be much more painful than natural contractions. Therefore if you feel extreme pain you can use other medical assistance. However, this is subject to how your body react to all the medical assistance like epidural, gas, etc. Always have other birth plan method in mine besides vaginal birth as first choice. Like assisted delivery method like forceps, vacuum assisted and last option c section. While I understand it is first time, we want it smooth and easy, it can be tiring with induced and you are not progressing. Both pregnancy I have all birth plan in my head beside vaginal birth.

Read more
7mo ago

My first born at NUH was I ended with Vaginal Assisted Delivery - Vacuum. My second born at KKH was Vaginal Birth. Both pregnancy was with epidural due to long labours. First was 17 hrs +/- and Second was 12 hrs +/- I cannot hold any longer as waterbag was broken after hours. Hence to avoid c section, I took what's of my best choice and it helps me. Always seek advice from doctor/nurse/midwife. This is either prior before birth or along your labour.