Induced or c-sect

Hi mommies I am currently 39 weeks and during my 38 weeks checkup I was only 1cm dilate. I still haven’t feel any labour pains/waterbag burst/mucusp plug. Am just wondering how painful is it to be induced? And it there is little progression during my next appt should I just go ahead being induced/c-sect or wait 🥹

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just give yourself till EDD, 40 weeks exact before inducing. I had both child at 3cm dilate and I hold on to it exceeding my due date. First was induce at exactly 41 weeks. My second was suppose to be induce at 40 weeks but somehow it didn't turn out the way it was due to priority cases given ahead first. But nonetheless, I would say induced is much more painful, dilation can be very slow esp if it is your first. And should dilation not work, it can lead to other birth method to as far as emergency c section. Because usually after induce hours and hours later, checking of cervix, waterbag break, thereafter all the process starting. And if labour is pretty long, it can be tiring. However, I do know of some mummies that opt for c section just because dilation is long or they refused to be induce. But having your situation like this, better to give a week or two before induced. Let C section be the last option. This is based on my experience. To me as far as I can hold it and I want it natural/vaginal ill do it.

Read more
8mo ago

Yeah hopefully atleast do lots of walking, squatting, use yoga ball method etc. Hopefully there will be progress.

I’m at 39w5d and still waiting. Don’t wish to induce because the pain is alot worse than natural pain. So far im experiencing contractions these days only that its not active yet. My gynae told me to wait till 41weeks only then to decide the next step.