Induced labour

Hi. I’m 39 weeks here. Went for my check up few days ago, did a cervix check and doctor said I have not dilated. Was told if by 40th week, I have yet to dilate, I might need to induce. May I know is there any mummies out there who were induced? FTM here :(

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was induced at 39 weeks for my second child and it went really smoothly! I was admitted at 11pm and gave birth the next day at 12pm. I took the epi when I was 3cm dilated after my second dose of picotin at around 5am. Gynae came in at 8am to burst my water bag and things progressed really quickly from there. I went from 3cm to 10cm dilated by 12pm. It was a pretty controlled process and a really positive one for me :) There are loads of positive induction stories! Hope everything goes well for you! Smooth delivery, X

Read more

I am going on induced next week on my EDD. Despite on Thursday that just past, I did membrane sweep, they mentioned it is not open. They told me if on EDD still same then induce. Second pregnancy and another induce 🤣 First pregnancy I was 3cm dilate with waterbag full but with the sweep I still had to be induced at 41 weeks because waterbag did not burst 🤣😅

Read more
1y ago

Induce is much more painful then normal. So your pain tolerance level has to be extra extra good okay? My first pregnancy I even took epi and was on vacuum assisted delivery 😅But, thank Allah it was all smooth.