7 Replies

It really depends on what you can afford. If you can afford then give her the market rate price. Otherwise give what you can. Also. Factor in if she is living on her own, working, expenses, household billa if any. These should help you weigh.

It depends what kind of mother in law is she and whether we requested for her help or she voluntarily felt that it was her duty as a grandmother. If needed I would probably give her about the market rate. My confinement nanny was $2,300.

It depends on how much help ? My mum helped in preparing lunch n dinner for me n she will come over to my place Everyday from 12-6/7/8pm ( depends) we gave 1k but she returned everything to us by giving it to my baby

VIP Member

If you want, you can follow the market rate, which is about $2,800. Otherwise, taking her out to a nice dinner and giving her a token sum would be enough, since she's family.

We give half of the market rate as a token of appreciation as MIL also know our financial situation.

I will give market rate too. It's better to do so to prevent future disputes if it happens.

thanks