Blood test

Hi all, just wanna check during first trimester appt at KKH, will they take husband’s blood test as well? My 2nd appt is on 30 Mar and was told that there was going to be Down Syndrome test and some blood tests, can’t remember if they mentioned need husband for blood test as well. If yes, what do they need it for? And what if husbands are not able to be around for quite some time like working overseas for few months, etc? Update: husband had to take a blood test

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

During my first visit they told me too they will do my husband's blood test. But later they didn't. They said since my husband underwent a medical for his reservist which was within an year, they don't need to do his. But my cousin who gave birth about 2 yrs ago, her husband had to do his blood test. My guess is they are doing husband's tests to understand the genes if there is any potential disability that could be passed on to the baby.

Read more
3y ago

Add on: Mine was KKH as well. And first pregnancy

First appointment with my wife we not legal married so put under single but they can see I am her husband so called me to take blood test. I was puzzle and wondering why should I take cause at the time no information why i need to take blood test all i know its I told to do blood test . After go home msg kkh thru fb found out the blood test its check for white blood cell.

Read more

My husband need to take blood test as it’s our first baby. Subsequent pregnancy husband don’t need to take. I think it’s compulsory to take...

Mine was at TMC. They did arrange a blood test for my husband and i. You should check with KKH when in doubt.

Mine is at KKH. The blood test for hubby is optional.

They will check your husband's blood count.