Firat time.

Hi. Im 5 weeks pregnant. I have a history of PCOS. Do i need to go for blood test to confirm my pregnancy? My appt with KKH will be on 30 april, by then ill be 6 weeks +. Do i wait for the appt or just do blood test first? If do blood test, can i go normal GP for Bhcg or go to gynae?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also have PCOS. I went to GP and told her about it as well. I showed my pregnancy test kit that I took at home. She give me referral to NUH. No need blood test. Need to wait around 3 weeks to see my first Gynae. Only thing for PCOS is that cannot guess how many weeks pregnant by the first period date. Must wait for my first gynae visit then I will know how long I am far in pregnancy.

Read more
VIP Member

I don't know if they do blood test now. You can go polyclinic n they will check by pregnancy kit too. Of you have any concerns you can ask the polyclinic doc to give you referral to hospitals. I was given same day referral to KKH.

they dont do blood test anymore. I went to Poly and they said for confirmation they also do pregnancy test kit.

VIP Member

Go for blood test at normal gp first

You can go to a regular GP