Blood test for husband

My sister kept on asking me if my husband have taken the blood test during our first check-up and subsequent check up. And he did not take yet nor did the doctor ask him to. Honestly, does husband really need to take blood test as well? If yes, then i might need to check with the doctor at my next appt.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello the Doc did blood test for my hubby. It’s mainly for DNA reasons rather than fertility. For example if both parties are thala minor, Baby might have thala major, which can be life threatening. So Dr might suggest you do IVF so that you can check the baby’s genes before inserting into you. There are others as well where if one have the other cannot have, if not baby won’t survive long. So it was recc

Read more

Years ago, the husband need to do a blood test. I remember my husband needed to do one when I was pregnant for Thalessemia. Got pregnant again last year and gave birth on Feb, my husband did not have to do any.

my husband did not do any blood tests at all. for thalassemia, we were both advised to go for blood tests but even so, only i did it because as long as I'm negative, it doesnt matter what my husband is.

TapFluencer

My gynae had to check if my husband has an existing full blood count results that is still valid (if I'm not wrong, validity is for a year), which he did so he didn't need to do another blood test.

TapFluencer

Hello. the doctors did blood test for me first to see if my blood were okay. They told me my blood was okay hence my husband dont need to do his blood test.

I not sure why hubby needs to take blood test, but I do see once a hubby was asked to do in e clinic.. For myself, we didn’t told to do..

My husband also didn’t take blood test when we first went to see Gynae. Now in third trimester also no blood test for him so far!

Super Mum

My husband was never asked to do a blood test. Does he have any conditions that may be inherited by baby?

Ooh I've just given birth not long ago. Husband didn't need to do any test during my pregnancy.

it depends on the gynae.. my husband did take blood test for in case to check for thalessemia