KKH subsidised- blood test

Hi mummies I’m reaching week 12 soon. And I think I have a scheduled blood test coming up soon. I’m scared of blood 😅 so a bit anxious about what is to come. Anyone can advise? How much blood they take etc.. doc say as it’s my first pregnancy she will scheduled for a full blood test to check everything throughly.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just did my NIPT test at NUH, 2 bigger tubes for the NIPT, think 4-5 smaller tubes for the full blood test. It does look scary, but just don’t look at them drawing the blood can already. I’m not afraid so I just watched haha. I kpo ask the lady how many mls of blood that is, she said 2-3ml each, for the smaller tube. Not sure how accurate is that though, looks more than that 😂

Read more
5mo ago

iGene

is this the nipt test? I did the comprehensive one with the pre eclampsia one. They took 7 tubes of blood! 2/7 gotta be really full. The ultrasound is way more detailed for mine! so I'm not sure if it's the same for you!

5mo ago

mine is at 1300 ++! but I also paid 800 for my week 12 and 20 test with fetal assessment center!

I decided to go with FTS & NIPT and total 6 tubes of blood. The nurse very gentle and just close your eyes and within 5 mins settle. Jia you.