when do your LO starts having puree/smashed food?

Just wanna ask when do your LO starts having puree/smashed food? How to know whether it's safe to start ?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I tried puree when LO was 4.5 months. Technically its safer to start upon approval by your pd/polyclinic issues advisory on weaning at 5 months but my LO could sit up assisted and was showing too much interest in our food, she smacks her lips and salivate when she sees us eating so we decided to try her. Made her avocado blended with freshly expressed breastmilk for a start - we blended till it's pretty runny and observed if she could swallow properly when feeding. It went well so we proceeded to thicken the blend and introduce other new fruits!

Read more
4y ago

Cool thanks for sharing! 💖Will try out using own bm. How long can it last if kept in freezer? Or fridge?

VIP Member

6 months is the rule of thumb. Baby must be able to sit independent and support/hold his head up on his own without any trouble. Reason being that baby needs to be able to swallow properly while sitting or he may gag/choke on the food.

Super Mum

https://sg.theasianparent.com/baby-food-basics Started giving my LO once or twice at 5mth plus when she can sit unassisted for a while. Started giving baby cereal to replace one of her morning feeds once she turned 6mo.

Hey, You can start introducing solid food to the baby. You can try various combinations with mashed potatoes and fruits etc.

Super Mum

Around 5 months+. PD told me to start as baby is able to sit and is showing interest on adult food

VIP Member

5 months, when my LO was able to sit supported and can support her own head.

24 week can start allergy testing - single food at a time.

Super Mum

Try pumpkin. Papaya

VIP Member

Around 6 months

Super Mum

5 months plus