New home New environment

Is it true babies need time to adapt to a new environment?. I just moved to a new house and my baby keep on crying...

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i would suggest put their familiar toys in their surroundings....or family pictures....etc etc...to make them relate to something....babies have a routine and its difficult for them to adjust initially when surroundings change

I guess to a certain extent they do. I moved into my new home when my child was about 3 months old. Im a Muslim so i switched on Surah Baqarah on repeat in the house and it helped my child not cry at all.

VIP Member

I never felt any difference as we keep on change the home .. yearly .. after my boy born (3yrs), we hv this is the 3rd house .. he enjoyed every where .. never felt any difference on him ..

TapFluencer

Just like adults, babies need time to adapt to new environment. Some adults find it difficult to sleep in a new bed or use a different toilet. Babies have the same reactions.

Dear mum, Yes it is very normal. Best would be if you bring your LO’s attention all the new stuff at home. It will make him happy and also engaged :)

VIP Member

i moved in 2 my new hm wen my lo was 3mths. Its pretty common...it takes time, dont leave them alone... Within 1mth was gratually ok.

VIP Member

Babies sense aura of their surroundings, so change can make them feel uncomfortable. Dont worry, they will adjust with time.

It takes around a week and just try to spend some extra time with them in initial few days to fasten the process.

Yes it’s normal because everything is unfamiliar to them all of a sudden. Give some time for them to adapt :)

It varies. Depending on how young your baby is and how aware they are of their surroundings.