Post partum blues ?

Im only 6 days post csect delivery but i already feel all kinds of emotion. Im not sure if this called post partum blues or im just adapting to new environment and everything. Everyday i would cry or feel like crying, sometimes for no valid reason. I just feel like crying. And when my newborn cry, i would feel like crying too. At the same time, nothing prepared me of how much i will miss being with my husband, just the two of us, doing whatever we want, watching netflix together, cuddling together, etc but now everything is all about baby. I miss being me. I miss being by myself and do whatever i want. I feel bad for saying this but sometimes i just wished i would’ve waited a little longer to conceive after marriage. Now there’s no turning back and just have to slowly adapt to new everything. Is it normal to cry everyday post delivery, esp for first time mum.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! it sounded like you have baby blues. yes it is normal, especially for first time moms. if its only for 2 weeks, yes baby blues. but if its on going for more than 2 weeks, pls seek help from the doctor. as it known to postpartum depression. i've been feeling the same way as you for 2 weeks and then its keep going. my baby had her 2 months old vaccine and the nurse asked me how i'm doing and i was teary and said not great. i've been having a hard time to enjoy the things i used to do. so the nurse asked me to do edps test and my score were quite high. they referred me to kkh and i am waiting for the appt. pls get it check(if its more than 2 weeks) and dont be like me, suffered in silence! sending alot of love to you.

Read more

Hello Mummy, I think the arrival of your baby make you feel very overwhelmed. Maybe because u didn't expect you will need to give up your me time and bonding time with husband. Sometimes I do cry as I feel too much to handle and need to vent out. I think u need to talk to love ones to help you abit. Maybe get them to help u with few session feeding and get some rest so that u will not feel so overwhelmed. If u really cannot take it,u can continue to ask or talk on this platform... Sending some love to you. Everything will get better :)

Read more

I am 1.5 months pp and yes I felt that way during the first and 2nd week pp. I was just crying and crying and felt so helpless. I was also very depressed with my body especially when I’ve gained so much weight. I couldn’t fit into any of my clothes, boobs were dripping milk, couldn’t go out, couldn’t even have a good meal outside, missed out on all the family and friends gathering. took me awhile to get over it and adapt. So don’t be too hard on yourself, it’s perfectly normal to feel this way. All the best mummy!

Read more

I should say that it’s normal cause I was 100% like you. Very emotional, crying non stop (couldn’t bear to hear my baby cry and watch my family getting busy with baby while I was resting thus feeling useless, low milk supply and etc), extra clingy to my husband too. It does get better. You will get better. Take things slowly and get all the help you need.

Read more

you wouldn't want to be me, only having 1st baby after 10 years of marriage. I feel no energy and mood to take care of baby. you just need to find time with your hubby and learn to appreciate baby.