Kids & junk food

Any tips to keep kids away from junk food? Please suggest. Thanks.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, how old are your kids? Depending on the age group, fruits like papaya, apples, banana or water chestnut can be mashed or cut into smaller pieces for them to snack on. You can also introduce your kids to various activities like getting them to put up a mini concert or play, engage them in various crafts and activities, kids yoga etc

Read more

Try to stock up more fruits to replace the junk food that we had at home. Allow the kids to have a cheat day when they can eat any junk food that they want per week so that we can control the intake of junk food.

Substitute with fruits instead. But better to tell kids to eat in moderation than to keep away completely as they might eat in secret. Best way is always to play by example. Don't let them see you eat junk food.

VIP Member

Give home made cookies like butter cookies n some multivitamin gummies etc are also good.. just avoid junk food .. once in a while is ok but not in a regular manner

VIP Member

Don’t let them see you eat junk food Try to introduce junk food as late as possible Keep them full on normal food and if they are snacks, offer cheese syicks

Read more

Dont keep junkfood at home. If they do want junkfood when they see it outside, divert their attention to a healthier option like fruits etc.

VIP Member

I allow my children to eat pretty much anything but in moderation. No binge eating on chocolates, chips, candies etc...

TapFluencer

No see no ask. Don’t have any junk food at home to foster habit of not looking for it : )

don't even introduce junk food to the kid in the first place

VIP Member

Don’t buy. That’s the best for my little one