Tips for diabetes

How to lower/ control sugar fast? Even i don't eat junk food,snacks, anything sweet eat a little my sugar still high. Any supplements to recommend?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have pre-gestational diabetes. I try to take alternate healthy-unhealthy meals. What I mean is, if i take a cake today, i make sure no cakes or desserts the next 2 days. If I eat bread for breakfast, i will either skip carbs during lunch or only half portion carbs. For drinks, I only take water and coke zero (but not too much because there is caffeine, not good for baby). Before I got pregnant, i will drink coffee with milk without sugar or teh-c kosong. I increased a lot of protein in my diet, so eat more meats, tofu, eggs so that I feel full without having to eat too much carbs. If i want chocs, i will take dark choc or unsweetened choc. So far my hba1c has been below 6, which is considered ideal. I think on days that we take high carbs or high sugar, there is no way to lower sugar levels. But managing the meals weekly helps in overall glucose control. It doesn’t make sense to not have sugar or carbs at all, but plan your cheat days so that you dont feel so miserable when you keep having to skip these.

Read more

I am in the same boat. Diagnosed with GD probably because of family history. I was asked to break up my 3 large meals into 6 small meals. Each meal make sure to have carb protein and fibre. Or u can have 3 main meals and 3 snacks (fruits cheese stick, slice of bread - cup of milk). U will see the difference very quickly. I also take bitter gourd to any fruit juice I take to reduce the sugar absorption.

Read more