161 Replies

I started folic acid even during ttc. If your daily diet doesn't assure u with sufficient folate level, then you need to rely on supplements, especially when one is pregnant. Low folate levels during the early weeks of pregnancy have been linked to neural tube defects in infants. The average adult needs at least 4 mg of dietary folate per day, while pregnant women require 6 mg per day. I am taking 5mg folic acid per day which advised by gynae. Note that many prenatal supplements or multi-vitamins already contain folic acid, hence you might want to double check to avoid excessive dosage.

VIP Member

Yes start at the soonest. No need to wait until you see a doc. You can buy from pharmacy. Folic acid helps in baby's brain and spine development. And it is built in the early weeks of pregnancy. Hence it's important to take then from the earliest possible. Last time when I visited a gynec for my irregular menses, the doc recommended to take folic acid tablets even when trying for the baby

Hi, you need to take at least 400 micrograms of folic acid every day. If you did not take folic acid supplements before getting pregnant, you should start taking them as soon as you find out you're pregnant.Taking folic acid daily greatly reduces a baby's risk of serious birth defects like neural tube defects.

Absolutely. Even before I knew I was pregnant I started wanting more foods that contained Folic acid. I ate more spinach and broccoli. Once I found out I was pregnant I started taking prenatals that also had folic acid in them. It's good for the growing itty bitty baby 💜

TapFluencer

Folic acid is B9. It is just 1 of the vitamin B family. So I take vitamin B complex as a whole, like a basketball team that u can’t leave out any player, cos they r a team and not individual.

Di pa po ako nagPregnancy Test but sigurado po ako na buntis ako dahil regular po Menstrual ko every month ngayong buwan lang hindi, its been 5 weeks and 5 days since last day of my period, pwede na po ba ako magtake ng Ferous m

You should take a 400 micrograms folic acid tablet every day before you're pregnant and until you're 12 weeks pregnant. Folic acid can help prevent birth defects known as neural tube defects, including spina bifida.

Actually you should have started at least 1 month prior to conceiving. But of course we don’t know. I started my folic acid in Dec and conceived in late Jan. So please, do take it now. Take care!

I took months before im pregnant! You can start taking now since you are in your first trime. Cos my gynae prescribe me calcium and obidimin after reaching 2nd trime and thus to stop taking folic.

Actually folic acid is recommended to be taken at least 3 months before conceiving. Just that during 1st trimester of pregnancy, the intake should be much higher to aid baby’s development.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles