My second son is 3 going on 4. He's been fiddling with his private parts constantly since going off diapers in the day. It even went to the extent of pulling down his pants and fiddling in public. I'm irritated and disgusted and haven't been able to respond positively. * My eldest went through this period too, without the public exposure. I have tried the hard (threaten) and soft (telling him it's shameful) way of broaching the subject. It is still happening. What else should I do to stop that behaviour?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It's something that boys do as they get older, it may seem inappropriate for us as adults, but to them, they are just curious about this extra thing sticking out of their body and what it does. Sometimes, trying to shame them or force them to stop do more harm than good - like what other mummies have shared, just educate him right that it is for him to pee with, and sometimes he might feel weird with it - but it's okay. It's also a good time to teach him about safe/unsafe touches and what to do if someone tries to touch him in those areas! Other than that, just ignore it and they will stop doing it after some time :)

Read more

He's just very curious about his thing. Talk to him about it. Ask him why is he touching his part, how he feel about it, did he see any other boys fiddling with theirs.. Then explain why he cannot touch it, esp in public. Explain that it use to pee pee n not a toy so cannot "play with". And I believe he too realise girls don't have such a thing n explain that it's rude to show out. U can talk to him openly using age appropriate adjectives.. At this age its common for boys to touch and play with their part actually.

Read more

Firstly stop threatening him. It is normal. They do not know what they do. You need to educate him in the right way. I tell my son, the penis is not for playing and i ignore it. The more you try to force, the more they will be curious. They are at a stage of exploring their bodies as well. Otherwise please also check if its itching or hurting him.

Read more

That's totally normal. I have 5 boys and they all did it. You can bring him to the library and show him books and teach about his body. What is to be private and what is not meant to be fiddled. They are just curious. I won't say anything about it. I usually ignore. Sometimes the more we say the more they do otherwise.

Read more

This is what boys do! You can talk to him and let him know that it's not appropriate to touch himself when people are around and that it must be done in private. Perfectly normal though, Mama. Don't worry about it. I mean, he's got this thing just hanging there, I'd be curious too LOL

VIP Member

It's their curiosity! Have to educate them nicely and proper. Telling them it's not nice to do it in public. It's meant to be for himself and in private so doing it in public means everyone can see!

Read more

Don't worry about it and don't threaten or shame him as this will cause side effects. Speak to him nicely.

ikut meramaikan

VIP Member

talk to him and let him know . Because kids are curious

thanks