I’m not supposed to show I’m tired.

I’m a new SAHM. It can be overwhelming at times and I’d tell my husband I’m tired on some days I really can’t take it anymore. He takes over taking care of the baby who wouldn’t stop crying but at the same time curses coz he said he’s been working the whole day and now has to take care of the baby. Everytime this happens, I regret showing that I’m tired just because I’m not working and staying home the whole day. I refrain myself from telling him the challenges of having the baby screaming in my ears the whole day that got me tired mentally. I cry when it gets too much but I still hide it from him since I’m supposed to understand that he’s been working the whole day and I’ve simply been home. I feel like I shouldn’t be showing that I’m tired but sometimes it’s hard!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Take a breather. Take naps when baby is sleeping. Learn to understand your baby’s cues. It gets overwhelming many times especially when you’re a SAHM with no other help. But you need to juggle your feelings and your baby at the same time. Husbands who are sole breadwinners are like that mostly. Don’t be bothered by what he thinks of you being a SAHM. He’s got his own fair share of stress and workload just like you. Settle into a routine with the baby, what’s important is you need to rest when baby is sleeping. If it is not working, try asking for a someone to come and help you around the house. Just for a few hours probably. It gets better when baby grows older. Hang in there Mama, you’re doing great. ❤️ I’m a SAHM too since my baby was 7 months old. Now she’s 20 months. I’ve vent my anger on her many times only to regret it a few seconds later. I don’t even bother speaking to my husband about how tired it is having to take care of her. I’ll just show face or tantrum.. hahaha but I cool off easily cause it doesn’t help with my mental health. I settle her down into a routine everyday roughly like this: 7am - wake up, milk 9am - back to sleep 12pm - wake up, milk, shower 1pm - lunch & play time 3pm - nap 5pm - wake up, milk, play time 7pm - dinner, shower 9.30pm - milk, bed time

Read more

How old is your baby? You can consider hiring a helper or put him/her in infant care then it’ll be less taxing for the both of you?