My second son is 3 going on 4. He's been fiddling with his private parts constantly since going off diapers in the day. It even went to the extent of pulling down his pants and fiddling in public. I'm irritated and disgusted and haven't been able to respond positively. * My eldest went through this period too, without the public exposure. I have tried the hard (threaten) and soft (telling him it's shameful) way of broaching the subject. It is still happening. What else should I do to stop that behaviour?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

He's just very curious about his thing. Talk to him about it. Ask him why is he touching his part, how he feel about it, did he see any other boys fiddling with theirs.. Then explain why he cannot touch it, esp in public. Explain that it use to pee pee n not a toy so cannot "play with". And I believe he too realise girls don't have such a thing n explain that it's rude to show out. U can talk to him openly using age appropriate adjectives.. At this age its common for boys to touch and play with their part actually.

Read more