Need To Sterilise The Pump Parts Every Pump?

Right now I am washing and sterilising the pump parts after every session as my baby is only abt 1 month old and I want to be on the safe side. However as I pump 8-9x a day I can imagine it will get very hard to keep it up along with having to care for baby on my own soon. Isit necessary to sterilise after each wash or just wash after each session? Read about put pump parts in fridge until next session. Is it safe?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you. Currently taking care of my baby alone during the day and it can be quite a hassle and time consuming. I try to sterilise as much as possible, if i am too tired, busy or running out if time, then i will just wash only. You might wanna consider purchasing extra sets of pump parts if it helps.

Read more
TapFluencer

I wash and sterilise every pump, am alone taking care my boy as well. Is tiring especially at night but you won't skip it when you think of giving the best to your baby

Super Mum

Yes, you can put the pump parts in a Ziploc bag or a container and keep in the fridge for next use. I do that at work. Only wash and sterilise once I'm home.

Super Mum

I do that everyday. I wash and sterilise 2 to 3 time a day only. Other times, it’s in the fridge. I also have a spare set to switch.

VIP Member

I wash and sterilise after every use

Super Mum

I wash and sterilised using uv

VIP Member

Yes

Super Mum

Yes