Can share how do you all wash your breastpump parts at work? I need to pump 2-3 times at work so I need to know what is the easiest washing steps. Can I rinse with hot water after each session and let it air dry, and take out for pumping again next session without washing it thoroughly?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You could also consider investing in a uv sterilizer that doesn't require any washing or drying. The units are a little bulky but they can probably be hidden away under your desk. They're also about 2-3x the price of an electric steam sterilizer but for the ease and convenience at work, it sounds amazing. And probably better (and cheaper) than investing in a 2nd pump just for work. This blog is a good resource: http://mlbb.com.sg/into-the-world-of-uv-sterilizing/

Read more

I've seen my colleague simply rinsing hers with hot water after she pumps, shaking it and leaving it out on her desk (she has a small drying rack) to air dry before the next use. Also saw another one who will keep hers in a ziplock after washing. I think rinsing with hot water is the common practice. ;)

Read more

I rinse them with hot water and put them back into the airtight container which stored in the fridge. I sterilize at night. I have colleagues who prefer to bring a sterilizer to work too.

VIP Member

I actually never wash my pumps at work. I just store it in the fridge till my next pump session and then rinse it and sterilize it when I get home.

after pumping I will use hot water to sterilise them then keep in a zip lock bag.. after which I keep them in my cooler bag..

No need to wash it right away, just store the milk in a cold place and wash it well at home.