Hi all! Just a random rant. My husband hardly give me gifts, bring me to restaurant. To him, as long as he can be full, it does not matter if its cheap or expensive food. On my birthday, I was given a choice of either having flowers, a cake or a gift. I can only choose one of it. Now he said that he can’t stay any longer on his job, asked me not to spend his money. In fact, I hardly spend his money. I spend mostly using my own money. We argue mostly on money and he said I was not supportive to his decision. He said he got stress whenever I asked for a restaurant meal on valentine day or my birthday and a gift. I was just feeling myself so pathetic that not even my husband is appreciate what I did for him and still being so calculative to me. It made me felt that marrying him is a mistake.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think at the end of the day it's how much he's willing to share with you. What he can afford within his means, be it his time or his money. A man who only has $10 but willing to spend all with you vs one who has $100 but only willing to spend $10 on you. So it could be that he's already spending what he can afford within his means on you. I am not sure but I guess u should know best. Whatever it is don't be sad, we should also have our own earning ability and spending power. I always believe whatever we get its more of a show of husband affection and pampering. Of course we can always afford it ourselves so set realistic expectations and you will be contented.

Read more