4 Replies

Congrats on your pregnancy! It is not uncommon to have bleeding gums due to hormonal changes. I did have more sensitive gums. I also do see a dentist every half a year and continued to do so during my pregnancy. The dentist advised to maintain general oral hygiene practices, which are brushing and flossing. She's a female dentist, Dr Pong, at Unity Denticare mid point orchard. Do consider seeing a dentist if you're concerned. Oral health is also important!

My gums also bled when I was in the 2nd trimester. Now that I'm in the 3rd trimester, it still bleeds from time to time. I had a dental appointment previously at week 16 and my dentist says the bleeding is normal. If you're worried, visit a dentist and also ask your gynae. They might run you through a blood test if they have concerns.

Hihi... congrats on your pregnancy... I have this issue too during my pregnancy... it’s normal and I bleed daily while brushing... as long as the blood is not a lot it’s ok... my baby is not coming 8 weeks young 😊

I had bleeding and swollen gums on some days from second trimester. Nothing to worry about; just hormonal changes and increase in blood flow. Continue maintaining good oral hygiene and it will go away eventually.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles