Miscarriage at week 8 experience (bleeding in pregnancy)

I just had a miscarriage on my supposedly 8.5 weeks. 1st appointment and ultra-scanned was at 7.5 weeks and fetus was measured to be at 5.5 weeks instead. I highly do recommend mom-to-be especially 1st time mom to set an appointment with a gynae as soon as you find out that you’re pregnant. I was late as i assumed mine would be normal and made appointment for week 8 as we wanted to hear baby heartbeat at first ultrasound (knew my pregnancy since week 4) Day 1 of bleeding (week 7) - I started with brown bleeding and thought everything was ok as it was light. Friends too assured me saying it was ‘norm’. Went A&E KKH and somehow the bleeding stopped by itself for that night. Doctor did NOT prescribed me with any medication saying its ‘normal’ and that taking folic acid was enough. The bleeding (brownish) continued the next day and was light for the next 6 days. Day 2 - still brown light bleeding Day 6 - 1st day of supposed appointment at week 7.5. Gynae measured foetus and said there was no heart beat. She said based on the measurement the baby was at 5.5 weeks instead of 7.5. Gynae said either baby was still small or baby just stopped growing at week 5.5 (as my menses was regular). Gynae also mentioned “not to put my hopes too high” as i mentioned the bleeding to her. But being a 1st time mom, seeing the pregnancy sac and egg in the scan gave me a slight of hope. Day 7- first day of bleeding in red and with clots. I went back to A&E KKH and was still told “everything is fine”. This visit included ultrascan. Somehow I was not satisfied and went to my gynae the next day. Day 8- Gynae told me she highly suspected miscarriage. She mentioned my body is rejecting the pregnancy and true enough on that day I had very bad contraction. It was so painful till I cried. The physical pain empowered the mental pain 😢 I am lucky in a way that my husband has been there for me giving moral support. Day 9 - I bleed out chunks of blood clots and the egg yolk. It was super sad as i was able to see small spine and leg on the yolk. Day 10 - cramp started to feel alot lesser after the clots came out. Day 15 - another scan with gynae to ensure there is nothing left in the womb and started my post natal massage and confinement. If u do noticed any similar symptoms, please do not take it lightly. BLEEDING IN A PREGNANCY IS NOT NORMAL. Go to a trustworthy gynae and I strongly dont suggest KKH A&E as the doctors there are not experienced, well atleast not for my case. Sharing the above story hoping it will help in a way to some others out there. ❤️

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey! I had that back in 2019. Almost the same as you. Very confused with whats going on & felt that it was too late to do anything. Friends also told me it was normal to have cramps & menses like bleed. Shouldnt have listened to them as i went about doing my own thing. Work didnt helped much as i was always wearing a harness working as a high element instructor. Plus i was riding to and fro from work. Now everytime a friend of mine experiences the same thing i will tell them to straight away contact their gynea and do a check. It happened so fast, all i could remember was the pain & looking at the blood clot on my pad 😭😭😭 i wasnt myself for almost a month, was in depression. I mean the thought of being preggy then the next thing u know she’s gone. Now i have a cheeky little angel girl ☺️ i didnt make the same mistake as the previous one. Took care of my pregnancy. But cant help it to know what would have happened if i could save my previous baby. He/she will always be in my prayers ❤️

Read more

After reading everyone sharing here, not sure if I am just lucky. I didnt know I was preg until i missed my first period. I also had stomach issue of nauseous (gastroentricites) and spotting and bleeding over the next couple of days. Therefore i didnt suspect I could be pregnant. Went poly and it was cfm positive. I was ask to go A and E immediately myself for further checks. Nearest was NUH. So i went. Total time to see a gynae there is abt 3hrs. Was given a vaginal ultrasound, young female gynae was a little rough though. Also had a hormone injection, prescribed folic aid and given duphaston. The bleeding stopped when i took the pills and came back when i missed the timing. Upon completion of the full amount of pills, my bleeding has disappeared. Now in 9th week. Not sure if I would be given hormone pills to stabilise my preg if i had gone to KKH, aft reading the posts here. Probably subq mums to be can consider NUH A and E instead?

Read more
2y ago

Yes totally agree! Anywhere but Kk

this brought back so much memories had almost the same experience as yours last year and was in kkh. doc kept saying baby either too small, come back in a week or bleeding is normal blablabla. until i had severe contractions and pass out the pregnancy at A&E while waiting to get checked. thankfully i am pregnant again now and told husb i dont want kkh anymore. i dont care if it was just my luck or what but lets try another hosp 😅 but yes, i agree bleeding in pregnancy is not normal. if you dont feel good, go to the hosp asap and ask ask ask them to provide u proper details and not say okay when its not. it was a traumatic experience for me hope no one goes thru it ♥️♥️♥️

Read more

i had the same experience with kkh a&e last year. it started will normal light brown spotting, no bleeding. the moment i went to kkh the doctor did several times of vaginal scan, she was very rough too. its to a point i started bleeding heavily after she did the vaginal scan. no medication, folic acid was given. she just keep asking me to come back again in a few days. the very same day in the evening i felt the contraction and lost my baby at 7 weeks. stay strong mama ❤️ now i would avoid kkh, i rather go nuh or sgh. the painful and traumatic experience made me tremble the moment i hear doctor wants to do vaginal scan or check

Read more

Had exactly the same symptoms now, went KKH Emergency n dr not much experience keep saying mine slight bleeding don’t worry. No medication given Whn I requested for it. Said folic acid is vitamin n its enuff to support e foetus. Next she commented Medicines are for those who felt insecure, actually by taking all these wldnt help and instead with have side effects. I went to other pte gynae upon hearing this. Although pte gynae not optimistic but at least he bothers to go into the details to explain things that I want to understand and most importantly he subscribed duphaston. Finger crossed and praying hard now.

Read more
2y ago

Praying for you my dear ❤️❤️

I also had bleeding and read that it was normal and kept to that piece of hope, and having the duphaston that my doctor prescribed. few days later the sac came out and I knew it's officially over. I've blamed myself that I should have requested for jab or be more KS and bug the doc if I should up my dosage of duphaston. but now that everything is too late i can only grieve and learn to move on keeping my baby in my heart always. and i do agree we need a trustworthy gynae who will be anxious for you and arrange the best support for you instead of saying it is common.

Read more

I had similar experience at kkh. I tried pte gynae at kkh or pte clinics before and they would at least prescribe progesterone or duphaston to stabilise the pregnancy but kkh did nothing and just said maybe dating is wrong. To start seeing dr at week 12 or even 7 is too late, better to see once you find out abt pregnancy but for early stages better to go pte.

Read more

Thanks for sharing your story. I’m facing this now at week 7, however, the blood clots are not out yet, only started bleeding yesterday. Scans showed slow small/slow growing/stopped growing fetus. Trying to brace myself but don’t know exactly what to expect. I must say that it is a quite a sad, confusing and lonely period for women going through this.

Read more

I bleed like spotting only 1 spot everyday since last last Friday and it stopped until yesterday it bleed for few minutes and I never call my gynae ask I have appt with him today and I went to my gynae when he scan and told me there was no heart beat I'm 7 week and 5 days currently not bleeding anymore

Read more

I too had bleeding. Being a 1st time pregnancy, I am so scared. Plus mine was IVF with 2 embryos planted. I don't want to take chances. But God knows well. I guess I lost 1 embryo that time. So I really treasured & take care of the other one well. Now I'm on 31st week.