Name one thing that you feared most when having your first child?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feared of my baby getting congenital diseases and brain issues. Also, I feared on physical abnormalities. That's why I was helping my wife in monitoring all of checkup schedules, vaccines, medicine and vitamins to be taken and foods to avoid. I even asked her not to watch Little Couple on TLC because I also feared that our baby will become like them. But after she gave birth and knew that everything is normal on our baby, we continued watching that reality tv show because it's one of our favorites.

Read more

I think for me, my first pregnancy I didn't really fear as I still not heard of scary stories about pregnancy complications and during labor. I feared most when I was almost due and wonder how will be the labor pain like as I never experience before. For 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, I am even more panaroid when there is little thing happen, e.g. cramps and etc. as I heard many complication stories from my mummies friends.

Read more
VIP Member

I was freaking out my baby will born with genetics issue like Down Syndrome, asperger or any other rare disease. Even though i will love him unconditionally that still haunted me during pregnancy. That's why to make sure i never skip my doctor appointment and do fetal screening when i was 27 weeks pregnant.

Read more

The thing that I was worried the most is that I am not able to give birth to a healthy child. I was very paranoid throughout my pregnancy because of stories I heard or read and was constantly worrying till the day I gave birth and saw my healthy little one.

I was worried most that I'll go into labour when I am least expecting it. I used to have nightmares about my water breaking at Giant when shopping and slipping on it and hurting myself and being totally embarrassed! Yes for real! haha

I was afraid that I would not be able to care for my child properly. Would I be able to provide for him financially, emotionally and spiritually? At birth, I feared not being able to take the pain (naturally).

The constant thing that was on my mind during the whole pregnancy was whether the baby will be healthy, whether the baby has any genetic disorder or deficiency. But thanks god all is good.:)

I was worried about the pain of giving birth. But seriously, as the pregnancy progressed I just wanted to baby out ASAP!

VIP Member

Pain was one thing i m worried for because i had 0 tolerance for pain

I was worried I couldn't handle the pain of giving birth.