New Daddy's Woes!

My wife just gave birth one month ago and I feel like I don't have a life anymore! I want my guys' night out and soccer time with my buddies. Everything is about the baby now. Is this it for me? How do I tell my wife I need some me time without upsetting her?

197 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tell her the truth, talk to her with sincerity. And, when u leave ur wife and ur new born baby, be sure to get back home as soon as you can. Call to check in. She loves you but as much as she chose u, her body just went through big changes for the family. So, be considerate. Everyone needs a bit of me time, she does too. The next time, you should arrange for her, a girls night out or something, and you take turn in taking care of your baby. That would help both of you immensely. Congratulation, you r now a new father. Don’t be afraid of responsibility, it might open your heart to something bigger than yourself. As much as u want ur me time. Be supportive, choose your friends wisely, if they are those who encourage you not to go home or call u names for not going out. Rain check bro. These are not supportive friends. Ditch them. They’ll cost you, your family in long run. As for talking to your wife, be nice, be gentle and be truthful. Understand this, if she’s new at this, she is probably scared and need your support the most.

Read more