My marriage last for two years. My husband and I were separated and we were living separately. I stayed at my parent's house while he stayed with a woman that he loved. We have yet to proceed to divorce as we cannot communicate and will lead to arguement. I am not sure for how long can I wait. By the way, I have two children (aged 2 yrs old & 3 mths). He never care about the children. I need opinion. I feel lonely and sometimes I need someone to pour woes. Certain things I cannot share to my family and children. Is it ok that I can find a man that sincerely care & love me? I feel i need a love for me & my children.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It sounds like your current arrangement would be leading to a divorce. I would suggest you find out more about how to go about getting a divorce. You can consider the free legal clinic conducted by AWARE. They have experienced lawyers present at the session to explain to you your legal rights and options in a wide range of areas at a one-time consultation. It is open on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. You can call their helpline (1800 774 5935, from Mon to Fri, 3pm to 9.30pm) to find out more. Another way to reach them would be via email ([email protected]). You will need to make an appointment before going down and can do so through the Helpline. For more information: Personally, I think it is best to address this so that you each can move on to with your own lives. In the meantime, confide in a close friend whom you feel comfortable with to share your feelings and thoughts. It is important for you to have ample emotional support to help you stay strong for yourself, and for your children. You can also consider speaking to a professional if everything is too much to bear and you need an outlet to vent. For professional counselling service, you can consider Singapore Counselling Service: Take care!!

Read more

Hello mommy :) I am a mother of a toddler, going through a divorce and i used to feel very lonely too. Try to spend more time with your loved ones and have fun with your kids. Whenever my close ones are busy to hang out or talk, i would do activities with my babyboy at home or take him out and give all my attention to him. I made him my main focus and ever since then i don't feel lonely anymore. I try to do things that will occupy alot of my time so there is no room to even think about dating other men again. :) At night when i tend to overthink (till today), I will hug my sleeping child or watch movies online, read books until I fall asleep. Perhaps you could try too? :) You might want to go to court - the staffs there will advice you about your issues and guide you on the divorce proceedings and all. Stay strong and remain positive mommy!

Read more
VIP Member

It's time to get the legal stuff done up, start again with a clean slate. I am sure you do feel lonely and struggle to juggle at times, you do need comfort and love, someone to tell you that everything is going to be alright. It's is totally normal to feel how you are feeling. However, at the same time you are vulnerable, should you meet a man who will not give you what you need, you will be hurt again. If you need someone to talk to, to vent, you can talk to us, or any counsellor available via their hotlines. AWARE, and a few others I can't recall now. Just remember there is nothing wrong with your feelings but you need to set the priorities right. Get the divorce, make sure you and your kids are taken care of financially.

Read more

I think it's best that you approach your husband to start divorce proceedings. I know it might be awkward and really difficult to face your husband after all that's happened but it is something you have to do. Without the divorce, it seems like you're stuck in limbo - not sure where to go, what to do. Since your husband has clearly moved on, you should do so as well and the divorce is the way to initiate your liberation from this unhappy situation. It is for the best, for you and your children. Hang in there, be brave, stay strong and I pray all will run smoothly for you.

Read more

Just provide proof that both of you not staying together and he is staying with another woman and proceed to divorce. Leave the communications to the lawyer. After this, yes, get on with your life.

not gd to jump into another relationship now. judgement may be skewed. try meeting friends, talk to a counselor... get a hobby to meet more ppl... jiayou mummy!!

hi just want to nt wrking.. my husband is wrking...may i knoe if i go thru divorce is the custody surely go to the husband cuz i haf no income

2y ago

Highly likely. Since this is your worry, why don’t you go look for work now? How you going to feed your child if you have no income?