Doing baby Full mth or 100 days?

Hi mummies, u all prefer doing baby full month or 100 days celebration? Actually, I quite confuse wad is 100 days for?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did full month cos my Husband has many friends who all said they wanna come my house to see our baby + Husband wanna show our baby off to them too! So I said do full month Cos 1 time settle all the friends and he didn’t need to be “pestered” by all his friends for the whole 3 months! I think 100 days are more for parents who want their baby to be more aware n sociable during the party? Some parents may feel safer to hold 100days cos baby’s immunity might be better by then! :)

Read more
VIP Member

100 days is the tradition in northern Asia e.g. Japan, North China. Similar to 满月 full month which is the tradition in Singapore and more south asian countries. No right or wrong, it is just an occasion into celebrate baby's birth. I did a hybrid and celebrated at 6 weeks after birth. Why? Coz baby would have had his first vaccination at 4 weeks, another week or so to ensure baby is ok from the vaccination e.g. no fever etc.

Read more
Super Mum

100 days better. Full month very rush. It is super tiring to take care of newborn and won't have much time and energy to settle full month celebration. Unless you have a trusted nanny/helper to help you take care of the baby throughout the 1st month then only you will have the mood and energy to celebrate full month.

Read more
TapFluencer

Full month. 100 days is a recent trend, for some they feel baby are much stronger, mother looks better so they do 100 days. But for some Chinese old folks 100 days is for other reason which is not recommended. Ultimately still depends on your preference and family culture.

I did both! Full month at my apartment’s function hall for just my family. And 100 days at Fullerton’s hall for both our friends and extended family. It’s pretty nice to split both events up.

100 days is just an extension of full month I believe. Some parents prefer to wait till 100 days so that mummy can be more well rested before seeing relatives. Baby would also be more active by then:)

Doing on full month seems too rush, how to prepare all the full month stuff during confinement. Body and lifestyle not adjusted yet, and baby so small and fragile. 100days seem better

TapFluencer

100 days is a more practical way of celebrating a baby’s birth. Baby is bigger and stronger and mommy has recovered better from giving birth too

100 days i think wont be so rush for the parent to get the thing ready or setup for the party, more time for mummy to get herself ready too.

For my family, usually is full month.