Mummies pls advice me. I am relli veri depressed. I had a shortgun marriage. Kena pregnant before I marry hubby. I was thinking to abort or maybe have the baby but without him, but he convince me to get married cause he both love me and the baby. But the other day I was on his Facebook and I saw his message to his old fren where he say that I was pregnant, so marry me, bo pian. He say he actually want to oredi break up, but I got pregnant. So he just do the right thing. I am very hurt, because I never force him and he was the one kept bugging me to get married. I feel like just throw the divorce paper on his face. Any advice?

39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can understand such things won't be easy to just forget and move on especially when we are pregnant and emotional. I can only encourage you to stay positive and try to create a better future for the family. A positive happy mom with a cute baby is more than a man can ask for. Regardless of whether what he told his fren is true or not , make him a proud husband by first taking good care of yourself and baby and stay cheerful. He will find out eventually marrying you is the best decision he made so far !!

Read more
VIP Member

it takes lots of courage and decision making before a man decides to take up the responsibilities in a marriage and a kid. some will not even bother and ask you to abort without second thoughts. think for your child and give him the benefit of doubt. its normal for one to rant sometimes, without thinking, in this case, without you reading his messages which is invading his privacy. it takes two person to make a marriage work, shotgun or not it really doesn't matter because it is such a norm these days.

Read more

Just have to ask yourself.. Do you feel he genuinely loves you and baby? Do you love him? Are you happy? A child doesn't need to have a complete family. Most importantly, a loving and mentally healthy family. Divorce doesn't mean child get less love. I grew up in a complete family. But parents were always fighting, I didn't feel happy at all. Life is long. Are you both willing to go such a long way with each other? Life is also about ourselves, not only children.

Read more

Sorry for your situation. It may be of moment of anger and he did not mean it, that doesn't mean he was justify to say that. The good thing is that he is a responsible man who take being the father of your child seriously. Open communication will clear up the air. Whether you want to stay with him or leave him, at least you know he's willing to take up the responsibility as a father. Maybe tutus could be a wake up call for you both to work out the differences. Hang in there!

Read more

Take a step back, go take some time for yourself, go do you for a bit. From his point of view, he genuinely thought he was doing the right thing by asking you to marry him. Whatever he may have said or thought back then, is in the past. That doesn't necessarily think that he does think about it now like that. If you're feeling incredibly bothered by it, I suggest you should talk to him about it and share how you feel upon reading those messages.

Read more

Frankly, i would not risk my whole marriage merely for something i read. He is being responsible whether or not he meant what he said. That itself is a good trait and worth fighting for. I suggest for you to have an open conversation with him otherwise instead of brooding over what he said why not, weigh the amount of good things he has done with that 1 statement. You should be able to get an answer, it is within yourself.

Read more

This is something both of you have to work it out. Considering the fact that he married you aka took responsibility of the child. He should be a decent man. If you feel both of you can't get along.. Maybe both can consider a separation deed and live in different room At the end if the day the child is innocent..if both parent willing to care for the child, the solution must come in the care arrangement.

Read more

like what others have said, what he could say may be man talk but he has probably thought long and hard about it and decided to ask you to Marry him. give him the benefit of the doubt, if you haven't gone through his message would you have felt the same? anyways see how he treats you then decided if he really meant it or not. I am sure he is trying to make this marriage work and so should you.

Read more

That might be his thought at that time. Things might be different now. Btw, i only ROM with my hub after my son's full month. We had no wedding reception/photo/wedding band when we went to ROM. But its a choice we both made. There are times still when we feel like killing each other. Lets just say that we love each other even when we hate each other.

Read more
TapFluencer

Sometimes words written might have a different meaning to words said. Have a talk with your hubby and clarify his standing on this marriage. If both of you are just forced into marrying because of the baby, time to sit down and relook this relationship. If both of you have an open heart to try for the baby’s sake, then try with a willing heart.

Read more