โœ•

4 Replies

what was your baby weight at week 20-22? If it was normal, what changed? Did your diet change? Anyway, I've heard that many mothers successfully deliver larger than normal babies. At most it will be harder on you and take more energy and time and more pain for you, unless you're extremely petite and have a very very small pelvis and the baby is just too huge to go through (which isnt an issue because you can control from now). Sometimes your doc will advice you for c section directly just in case, not because you can't do natural birth. But because if you happen to take too long for vaginal birth, and your baby is in distress or something, you'll need an emergency c section anyway which will cost a lot more than if you just do planned c section. But if you want to try vaginal birth regardless, you need to let your doctor know. They will likely advice you accordingly.

i just went for my scan at wk 28 day 5 and baby is 1.375kg but my gynae said baby's just nice and medium-sized. i think both our babies' weights are very much similar and im not sure why yours is deemed too big?? ๐Ÿ˜• anyway if you want to slow down the rate of weight gaining u can eat healthily- low carb, low sugar, eat more veg fruits and lean meats, walk everyday at least 5k steps, cut out snacks but if you really need to snack, eat nuts or low sugar fruits like dragonfruit, apple, guava, etc. I went for scan at 25 weeks and gynae wasnt pleased that baby gain too much weight ahead of her gestational age (i snacked too much and overeat during meals). So i followed the diet and baby size is now back within the expected weight range. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Iโ€™m not sure why as well. Maybe bcos Iโ€™m exactly at week 28? Also I donโ€™t snack but will try to see what else I can cut down with. Thank you!!

Will have to watch your diet, no sugary stuff, no durians, cut carbs, more protein.. it was the same for my first.

Did the gynae advise anything ?

Cut down on carbs ๐Ÿ˜ž

Trending Questions