39 weeks 3 days

FTM here, feeling abit stress and indecisive.. just went for my check up and i am still at 2cm dilated since last week.. my gynae recommend that i break my waterbag tmr to help start the contractions as i havent had any yet. Baby weight is also at 3.2kg right now.. i dont know i should do.. should i wait till my EDD which is in 4 days or break my waterbag tmr.. i dont want to be induced and im hoping for everything to happen naturally but i am also trying to avoid csect if my baby gets to big. Any advice? 😔😣

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

POV for me hold till EDD or another extra 1 week. Why? Because induced can be very painful and if your pain tolerance level is high then good. But, if you don't then pretty sure you will take either jab, gas or epidural. Because for dilation to happened waterbag has to break, contractions kick in then dilation starts. It can take pretty pretty long if dilation never happened. My first child, 3cm dilate, hold 1 week, no sign of birth then I induced. Took jab, gas, epidural and only give birth next day. I exceed EDD and give birth 41 weeks 1 day. My second child, 3 cm dilate, mild contractions (which I wasn't aware), supposingly induced at 40 weeks but I wasn't put as priority at KKH hence I was put at normal ward. I also wasn't allow to exceed my EDD since it is my second. So I said okay. I got a bed at 40 weeks 1 day, in labour from midnight onwards. Give birth 40 weeks 2 days. All I can say is trust your instinct and body. If you sure you can push normal labour then do it. If not induced. But also induced can be painful, long and may lead to C section too. You may read up on local celebrity Nadiah M Din birth journey for her 2nd child till 4th child. All her baby exceed EDD and more than 3kg. It is really inspiring.

Read more
11mo ago

Hopefully. All the best to you.