Baby Weight at Week 34

Just seen gynae today wk 34 day 4, baby weight is around 2.8kg already. Gynae said is over the chart. Want to know any mummies experience this before? I am worried that natural delivery will be tough. #FTM

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My boy was ard tt weight at tt week. Projected to be more than 4kg at 40 weeks but came out 3.6kg at 39 wks. At 39+2 wks I wasn't dilated at all and I didn't want baby to come out so big so I opted for planned csect. It was a blessing in disguise as upon birth, we found out baby's umbilical cord was wrapped ard his neck which cldnt be seen on ultrasound. If I had gone for natural, I would hve still ended up with emergency xsect which is worse than planned. Lucky for me my csect wound healed pretty quickly and very well. I was alr walking ard to and fro frm hospital aft discharge to breastfeed my baby in NICU due to jaundice. Now in my 2nd pregnancy 3 years later but hoping I cld do a VBAC since my 2nd is well within average height and weight. But anw I've a friend who did natural birth for 2 of her babies and both are well above 3.6kg, recently being 3.8kg and 55cm and she had no tear at all! She's a tall mama at more than 1.7m but to still be able to deliver baby tt big naturally without tear is definitely incredible!

Read more
9mo ago

Thanks for sharing!

At week 32, my boy was at 2.87kg. My gynae kept telling me to cut down on carbs, sweet stuff, take more whole grains/whole meal stuff and walk more. Listened to her and at week 35, baby was 3kg - baby gained only little weight compared to week 32, but still on the heavier side. At week 38, baby was 3.6kg based on ultrasound. Gynae feared baby would be too heavy if wait till week 40. Induced at week 38 and gave birth naturally with epidural. Labour was more than 10 hours though (first child - so it’s normal to be that long). But pushing was just 20 minutes (probably the long walks helped). Baby was born healthy at 3.35kg. Baby’s weight via ultrasound and actual will have slight difference, because it’s just an estimate - can be more or can be less. Hence do walk a lot and watch your diet for next few weeks. Wishing you a safe delivery! :)

Read more
9mo ago

Thanks for sharing!!

yes just happened to me. baby was around the same weight as yours. projected to be 3kg at birth but guess what he came out only 2.6kg!! so sometimes it’s just an estimate

9mo ago

Hello, so you manage to deliver naturally at which week? Mine was projected to be 4kg ish if till week 40. So i am concerned. Because his HC is also extremely big at week 34 already. Afraid risk of emergency c sec