Any tips n tricks for breast feeding/pumping breast milk?

Hi mummies. I'm a ftm and im not sure on breast feeding. I've tried but is difficult for me to get a good latch... and I'm not able to express out much milk either. but i want to be able to express more milk... i just gave birth on the 12th April. any mummies have advises n tips for me??

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Congratulations mummy! You've only given birth 2 days ago so don't worry too much & try to rest up. Milk takes a couple days to come in (mine took 3-4 days) and the amount at first will be minimal but very nutritious (colostrum). Latching also will take some time, mine took 2 weeks to latch properly. Just keep on trying and if you're worried just feed baby expressed milk via syringe or cup. Power pumping means pump 20min - rest 10min - pump 10 - rest 10 - pump 10. That will help increase supply. If you still have difficulty, try to find a lactation consultant. Some hospitals will have a lactation consultant visit you at the hospital. All the best and don't give up on breastfeeding! It's going to be really tough but very rewarding.

Read more

you can try massage before pumping. try to pump after baby latch ( maybe 5-10mins or longer) as it will send signal to your brain that your baby needs more milk. you can eat buy cereal / fish soup you can go to this link which will advise you says to increase milk supply. it doesn't require to buy their cookies if you are not interested. most important drink at least 2ltrs of ways daily. mist have enough rest. & be in a good mood.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

hiiii congrats.. i used to pump every 3hours. i massage my breast before i start pumping. i aso do 1x power pumping daily 😀😀😀😀 i didnt breastfeed that frequent unless super engorged.. hahahah cause my baby boy very aggresive when it comes to milk time😂😂 he will pull my nipple left right

VIP Member

Hakka to retain leakage from the other breasts while pumping or latching. Change to another brand of pump maybe? Just pump often, use power pumping method...

VIP Member

Try power pumping

Post reply image
VIP Member

try power pumping!

5y ago

what's power pumping?